When you live in a flat, a Tumble Dryer can be a great addition to your laundry electronics. It helps you get through the washing process faster and be able to concentrate your day on relaxing or with friends as you wait for the beginning of a workweek.
Your washing machine doesn’t have an inbuilt dryer and you don’t have the time or the space to hang your clothes to dry. To make the matters worse, you have a large family doing laundry every week. If you’re looking for a small tumble dryer for yourself living in a flat, you might want to look for the best in the market. It comes in handy by not only drying your clothes but also taking up less space and helping keep your house clean.
Unfortunately, knowing that a Tumble Dryer is what you need for your clothes is not everything, because you need to evaluate the features it comes with to ensure that the dryer offers you what you need for the best performance. In this review, we’ll take a look at some of the best small Tumble Dryers on the market for your flat and things to keep in mind in your search for the best small tumble dryer for your home.
Best Small Flats Tumble Dryers – A Comparison table
Reviews of the Best Small Flats Tumble Dryers
- ⚫ SHOCK ABSORBER ANTI-SLIP PADS - The washer and dryer pads are mainly for washing machine shock. The Vibration dampening reduces the noise caused by a non stable washer or dryer. Anti Vibrant Pad - Excludes Walking Feet Reduces Vibration as Washing Machine Mat Pan Tray Stand Stabilizer Pedestal
- ⚫ HARDNESS RUBBER - Great gripping design of anti vibrasion pads that prevents washers & dryers from any type of vibration. Walk pad is made of quality rubber that has very good vibration absorbing abilities. Anti vibrant pad washing machine will prevent any "walking" or skidding of your machines. Non-marking, antivibration pads eliminate scuffs, scratches and scrapes, effectively protecting any floor surface.
- ⚫ SET OF FOUR - Each set comes with four washer and dryer pads, one goes under each leg or foot of the washer or dyer. If you want to use on both your washer and dryer, you will need two sets.| Ideal for Vibration Reduction and Shock Absorber | Rubber Isolation Feet
- ⚫ EASY TO INSTALL - No tools or messy adhesives required. Simply lift each corner of the machine and slide the noise absorbing pads into place. To make it even more convenient, washer antivibration pads are designed to fit all standard washers and dryers with four legs. It’s very easy to stick our rubber feet. Don't skip leveling the machines!
- ⚫ NO VIBRATION, NOISE AND WALKING - Providing stabilizing support for large appliances including washing machines and clothes dryers, Anti walk pads reduce vibrations, noise and slipping for smooth, quiet operation. Shock absorbing, the textured anti-vibration pads effectively eliminating ‘walking’ appliances.
Whether you have different pillowcases, sheets, and bath towels, you can easily dry them using the Hotpoint tumble dryer in about 40 minutes. It also contains a refresh program and a reverse tumble mode that can prevent tangling of your clothes. This tumble dryer does not produce lots of vibration or noise during use. Maintaining it is also easy, thanks to the inclusion of a filter. One of the things that makes this tumble dryer for flats stand out is the warranty. It comes with an extended warranty for the parts and an extra one year of labor.
- It has an easy to remove filter.
- The machine is smaller than the standard dryer.
- It comes with an impressive warranty.
- Delivers a quiet operation
- It does not include a quick dry program.
This tumble dryer combines both condenser and sensor drying so that you can dry your clothes more efficiently. It includes sensors that can detect when your clothes are ready. The manufacturer of this tumble dryer designs it to collect water from the clothes in a tray. You can then empty the tray from time to time when it is full.
Though this is a budget-friendly tumble dryer, it comes with numerous features and programs that make it worth considering. Many users like the simple and sleek design of this tumble dryer. Some of the valuable features you should expect in this tumble dryer for flats include a refresh function and an auto cool-down phase. You can also dry clothes based on their fabrics since it comes with programs for this.
- It is budget-friendly
- Sleek design
- It has numerous programs and features.
- It does not include a timer.
- The weight of this clothes dryer is only 37. 3lbs, and the small size makes it portable. It can be mounted on the wall, place on firm horizontal ground or mounted on the rack (the bracket is not include).
- This electric dryer with 850W power and 10 lbs large capacity, this portable clothes dryer can ensure your clothes to be dry sooner.
- You can set the time length or different mode for drying: Cool(0-20mins): cool down the temperature, Warm(30-120mins): dry and cool cloth, Anti-wrinkle, Hot (120-200min): for drying large quantities or bulky item, Air dry(0-80mins) run with cool air to freshening.
- The noise of this clothes dryer is minimal. So please don’t worry, it won’t influence your normal conversation and sleeping.
- The design of stainless steel tub makes this clothes dryer more durable, and you can use it for a longer time.
The small size of this tumble dryer makes it ideal for people who live in flats. You can even position it in your bedroom and dry your clothes conveniently. It is also a lightweight tumble dryer that is highly portable. Most customers like it since it works quietly and has minimal disruption.
Since this machine dries clothes fast, it can prevent you from getting inconvenienced by things like heavy rain. As you use this tumble dryer, you should consider things such as the weight and material of your clothes to utilize the different drying modes. Some of the modes that you can pick from are cool, hot, air dry, or warm. The manufacturer of this dryer uses stainless steel in its making. Since this is a durable material, you can enjoy the services of the Costway tumble dryer for a long time.
- It contains different drying modes that you can pick from
- It is long lasting
- The compact size makes it portable.
- Some users are not impressed with the small capacity.
- 【Compact & Portable】The weight of this clothes dryer is only 59lbs, and the small size (23.5L x 20W x 27.5H)" makes it portable. It’s compact feature is perfect for small space like apartments, dormitories, RVs and more, it can be mounted on the wall, place on firm horizontal ground or mounted on the rack, plug it anywhere you like (110V - 120V / 60HZ)
- 【Powerful Performance & Large Capacity】This electric clothes dryer is constructed with spacious 3.22 cubic feet capacity and 1300W power dries up to 13.2lbs of laundry to sooner dry your clothes, sheets and dedicates, almost meets the drying needs of the whole family.Even though it lasts rainy, you can still put on your beautiful dresses every day
- 【Forward & Reverse Tumble Action】Featured with large-diameter stainless steel from load tumble, this portable laundry dryer adopts the forward and reverse tumble action with inner s-shaped device for easy rotation to prevent tangling, effectively removing wrinkles and restoring the fluffy and comfortable fabrics in the moderate temperature
- 【Easy Operating】Operating this dryer is an easy-understanding and enjoyable laundry experience according to the material and quantity of clothing you put in it, convenient for people even for the elder and child to operate. Featured with various drying modes for making our life more convenient and healthier
- 【1 Year Warranty】We do cover 1 year warranty on this dryer, any questions about it, please don't hesitate to contact us at any time for getting a satisfied service
If you require a portable tumble dryer that you can use from different locations, you should consider Rovsun. This comes with side handles that enhance portability and a bracket that is designed to help you mount it with ease. Like the previous model, it is also made using stainless steel. It can give you a smooth laundry experience since it is easy to operate. The tumble dryer contains different drying modes that you can use conveniently.
Since this model is spacious, you can use it to dry a lot of clothes at a go. It can even meet the drying needs of an entire family. Apart from that, the Rovsun tumble dryer has a see-through window that makes it possible to easily check your clothes’ drying status. The manufacturer also created this model with safety in mind. You should expect features such as power-off protection in this tumble dryer.
- It comes with a one-year warranty.
- Made from stainless steel
- It has a see-through design.
- High price
- Intuitive touch screen responds to light taps of your finger. Functional 3 modes and 3 heat levels (air dry/medium/high) available: Adaptive technology adjusts drying time based on your loads for improved fabric care; Selectable drying time from 0-200mins for both bulky loads and delicates.
- Sensors detect moisture levels and automatically shut off when clothes are dry, which not only saves energy, but also protects clothes fabric. For safety concern, this machine automatically stops when opened if you want to add more clothes.
- Go about your day uninterrupted with the whisper silent functionality of this dryer, allowing you to dry your clothes at any time and enjoy a precise timer option with the intelligent touch panel to select a customized drying time based on the load of laundry.
- Save space in your small laundry room, apartment, dorm and more with this compact yet powerful clothes dryer that can be neatly stacked on a washer, mounted on the wall or left stand alone.
- Outfitted with the most durable stainless steel drum with built-in filter net to collect lint, pet hair and more making it easy to clean. 14 lbs capacity. Sentern Clothes Dryer Dimensions: 23.6” x 20” x 27”.
You can go on with the rest of your activities uninterrupted as you do your laundry through this tumble dryer. This delivers a quiet operation and gives you the chance to dry your clothes at any time. Whether you live in a flat or small apartment dorm, you should not worry about it taking a lot of space since it comes in a compact size.
Unlike some tumble dryers, this model comes with a time option that you can use. Once you twist this knob, you can choose the drying time you prefer depending on the load. It also features a filter net that can easily collect things such as pet hair and lint, making cleaning easier. You can stack this powerful dry on a washer, use it as a stand-alone device or even mount it on a wall. It is designed to work fast so that you can get your clothes ready for different occasions. This tumble dryer can work for about 20 minutes. It also comes equipped with at least five modes.
- It has a cool-down setting that can prevent clothing damage.
- Dries clothes fast
- Has different modes
- Saves space
- Works quietly
- Installing it may be a challenge for first time users.
So What Should You Look for in a Tumble Dryer for Your Small Flat?
The best tumble dryers for your flat are not only meant to offer you convenience in terms of space but also a quality performance. They should be able to fit in the space allocated to them without much hassle and perform by either condensing or venting the steam. However, not all tumble dryers are made the same, which means that you need to know what to look for in a tumble dryer for it to guide your choice. Below we take a look at what you need to know about tumble dryers and what to look out for when shopping for the best small tumble dryer for your flat.
Condenser vs Vented vs Heat pump
Tumble dryers come in three different types: vented, condensers, and heat pumps. Vented tumble dryers are the most common tumble dryers in the market. With vented dryers, you’ll need to place them next to a window or exterior wall because they get rid of water from the dryer using a hose connected to the dryer that then vents the water outside of your house. They’re however mostly budget-friendly.
Condenser tumble dryers on the other hand remove water using a container usually referred to as a reservoir found inside the dryer. You’ll have to manually empty this container when it gets full. On modern tumble dryers, you’ll get an alert when the container is filled up. Despite this, the advantage this tumble dryer has over the vented ones is that you can place it anywhere in the house without having to worry about discharging the water to the outside especially in a flat where you may lack the luxury of space and where to position it.
Heat-pump tumble dryers are more efficient in terms of energy than the rest of the tumble dryers as they use clever technology to dry your clothes. They also make use of condensers to extract water out of the load, the water then evaporates in a tank due to the hot air. This makes them very expensive to buy.
You have to be cautious in terms of noise produced if you live in shared accommodations like flats. You don’t want your tumble dryer producing a loud banging and rattling noise when in need of some clothes drying up which can be annoying to your neighbors. When looking for a tumble dryer for your home, the ideal noise level should be less than 65dB. Some tumble dryers have an anti-vibration feature and thick insulation which reduces the tumble dryer’s noise.
Weight and dimension
Before getting yourself a tumble dryer, think about where you’ll place the machine. Is the space enough to place or move it around? What type of tumble dryer are you getting, does it need to be close to a window? Is the space next to the window enough? Flats are notoriously limited in space. Freestanding tumble dryers usually come with a width and depth of 60 cm and a height of 85cm enough to fit under your kitchen worktop. Some tumble dryers are so lightweight and portable that they can be mounted on the wall and save you surface space. In terms of weight, if you need to move around, the weight can be a concern if say the flat or building lacks a lift.
Since tumble dryers tend to use a lot of water and heat, therefore being seen as energy inefficient. In an attempt to fix this, manufacturers installed sensors to help monitor the moisture level in the drum throughout a cycle and stop when the laundry is dry. This saves on costs by preventing any unnecessary running of the tumble dryer. Despite its expensiveness, this technology goes a long way to save you time and money.
The larger the tumble dryer, the more efficient it is in terms of energy. You also get to do your laundry once instead of putting loads in shifts.
Tumble dryers are easy to use and come in two major types: manual and sensor tumble dryers. Manual dryers mostly have at least 2 to 3 settings while sensor ones tend to have more programs that give you a wider array of settings to choose from. With manual tumble dryers, you have to program them yourself and the load drying process might take longer. Despite them being cheaper than sensor dryers, they can cost you more or even worse damage your clothes. Some of the settings include synthetics, cotton, and delicates. Other settings you may find are mixed, wool and shoes for tumble dryers with a shoe rack.
The cost that accompanies buying two different machines to do the work of one is can be strenuous especially for someone living in a flat without the luxury of space for both a washing machine and a tumble dryer. Investing in a washer-dryer can sound like a prudent and logical investment. The washer plays the normal role of a standard washing machine and the dryer part does the job of a tumble dryer. The 2-in-1 design ensures efficiency and saving of space in your home by combining the two machines. However, despite these benefits, you’ll need to consider the capacity as you may be able to wash a 10kg load but only dry a 4kg load on the same machine.
Tumble dryers like other machines come with power ratings ranging from A to G with the most economical rating being the A+++. The cost of running a tumble dryer depends on the time it takes for your tumble dryer to dry clothes and how hard it is for it to perform the task. For example, your washing machine having a higher spin translates to your tumble dryer working less.
How often do I need to empty my condenser tumble dryer?
It depends. However, on most occasions, you may need to empty it after 2-3 loads.
Do I need plumbing for my condenser tumble dryer?
You don’t need any water supply on any tumble dryer. As for a condenser tumble dryer, you don’t need plumbing as they collect the moisture from your laundry in a container on the machine that needs manual emptying.
The market has several amazing small tumble dryers to pick from and getting the perfect one might not be easy considering you live in a flat and have limited space. The tumble dryers viewed above are some of the best in the market and they meet your needs.