Are you planning on getting a new and improved washing machine for your home or has the idea just crossed your mind and you’re now looking for options? I’ll bet you didn’t know that you could get a great washing machine with for only $200 or less.
Yes, you heard it right, under $200. Is it possible to find a washer that turns out well-cleaned clothes while also not blowing out your electricity bill? A good washer should be able to clean your clothes, while also being gentle enough so that you don’t end up having to throw out your shirts after just a few months. You also want to save on costs besides the washer itself. No one enjoys paying huge utility bills at the end of the month. Lets take a look at some of the best options available.
Reviews of the Best Washing Machines under $200
HomeLabs Portable Washing Machine – Best Overall Washing Machine Under $200
- Portable Full Automatic Washer: Relieve yourself from manual washing with our 0.9 cubic feet portable laundry washing machine. 44.1 pounds lightweight washer with fully automated washing, rinsing, and spinning cycles to protect the clothes even the most delicate wool. It also sports two roller wheels in the rear end for easy movement and effortless portability
- Large Wash Capacity: Featuring a durable rust-resistant stainless steel drum for bearing loads up to 6 pounds clothes, perfect for delicate clothes or a small wash. With a variety of convenience features, it has a transparent viewing lid, adjustable legs, carry handles, water inlet, lint filter and drain pump which allows you to easily drain out dirty water
- Flexible 5 Cycles and 3 Water Level Settings: 120-volt clothes cleaner offers five different washing programs such as Heavy, Gentle, Normal, Rapid and Soak and three water levels, as well which provides versatility and water savings. All programs, functions and selections are clearly labelled in touchpad control panel with blue LED digital display to help you to use the machine with ease
- Quiet and Energy Efficient: Electric washer and spinner is made to thoroughly washed, rinsed and spun your clothes; it runs at a mellow and efficient 200 watts input power with a quiet spin function. Each purchase comes complete with accessories which includes a quick connect adapter, water supply hose, and drain hose. Attaches quick to faucets and sinks
- Top Load Compact Clothes Cleaner: For small household with limited space and minimal laundry loads, this top loader machine is a good solution. It measures 17.7 L x 18.1 W x 31.5 H inches which allows to easily fit in the bathroom or closet. A great choice for apartments, college dorm rooms, RVs, camping or anywhere with limited space!
This 120-volt top-load automatic washing machine from HOmeLabs has a 0.9 Cubic feet capacity and weighs a paltry 44.1 pounds. With the two hidden rolling wheels it comes with in its rear end, it is portable and easy to move around with. It’s fully automated washing, rinsing and spinning and offers five standard cycles for your loads including regular, massive, gentle, and rapid and soak. The drum is durable and rust-resistant, and takes up to 6lbs of load. It comes with a transparent lid, water inlet, lint filter, and a drain pump for draining out the dirty laundry water. You also get to save on water while your clothes get the same efficient cleaning. It provides for five different cycles and three water level settings. To install this HOmeLabs Portable Washing Machine, remove the aerator from the faucet and ensure you screw the adapter properly and you’re good to go.
- It’s portable
- Can fit in small spaces
- Installation is easy
- The noise level is not so loud
- The tube’s length is short
Giantex Portable Compact Washing Machine – Most Ideal for Apartments
- 【Easy & Convenient to Use】: Our Giantex portable full automatic laundry washing machine only needs a small space for store, which is a solution for compact living. Once you set the washing machine program, you could just leave it alone to work and do your own staffs. It could relief your hands and you could use the time to do other things.
- 【Water Level and Mode Control】: 5 Programs for choosing: wash-rinse-spin, soak-wash-rinse -spin, wash, wash-risne, rinse-spin, spin. With 3 water level: L/16L M/23L H/30L. You could adjust the different washing mode through the wash push-button and control the water level via the switch. Different clothes have different washing and water level requirement. You can stop wasting hours keeping an eye on washing machine for its full automatic cleaning mode.
- 【Large Wash and Spin Capacity】: This Giantex washing machine is compact and lightweight for you to easily move it in your home or department. But the honeycomb shaped inner tub can load 8 lbs at one time and wash many clothes for you. In manual, we also listed reference weight of various clothes.
- 【Full Automatic Washing Machine】: This machine features a built in drain aluminum pump and a drainage tube which allows you to easily drain out dirty water, which is good choice for apartment or dorm doing medium or little weight laundry.
- 【Relief Your Hands】: Easy to Operate. This product has straight forward illustrations and descriptions. There is no installation need and easy to operate. It won't take you much time and could take convenience to you. If you have any quality problem,please feel free to contact us, our customer service will reply to you within 24 hours.
This is the next washer under $200. It’s easy to operate and handle, doesn’t need much effort during installation and only uses a small space. The inbuilt drain aluminum pipe makes it fully automated as it drains out the dirty water keeping your home clean. This portable washer can wash up to 8lbs of laundry and its lightweight enables you to move it around your apartment with ease. It also comes with five programs such as wash-rinse-soak, soak-wash-rinse, etc that you can adjust using a push button. You can also control its three water levels; L/16L, M23L and H/30L with a switch.
- Compatible with hard water
- Can wash different types of fabrics
- Lacks a hot water wash
- The cable requires an extension
– Best for Space Saving
No products found.
This 2-in-1 model is small in size and possesses great portability and ideal for a family without space in their home as they don’t need two different machines for your laundry. It has a small folding design of 2.5cm thick that saves you on space by allows you to fold it and you can move around with it. You don’t need much time to set this washer up and use. The time control means you can wash for 10 minutes and spin in 3 minutes using the single tube washing machine and spin basket cleaning your clothes leaving them without residue or irritants. This machine is ideal for light clothes in need of separate cleaning and for use in apartments, dormitories, etc. For under $200, this model is exceptional.
- Its 2-in-1
- It can be folded
- It’s small in size
- It’s portable
- Its small capacity can be limiting
- It doesn’t accommodate hot water washing
- The cable is short and may need an extension
Twin Tub TG23 Washer Machine – Most Portable
- Highly portable
- It saves on time, energy, and water
- Separate timer for washer and spinner
- The auto-restart mode is not up to standard
Lavario Washing Machine – Best Energy saving
- PATENTED! Best portable clothes washer in the world. See our 2-minute video. Lavario is the only non-electric clothes washer that can wash jeans & sweatshirts.
- ECO-FRIENDLY: Hand-powered, non-electric, easy up & down motion, incredible cleaning power.
- SAVES MONEY! Pays for itself in 4-5 trips you won't take to the Laundromat. No electricity required. Uses only a fraction of the water and detergent used by electric machines.
- CONVENIENT: Portable, lightweight and easy to use anywhere. Cleans clothes in less than 20 minutes. Great for RV's, camping, apartments, dorms, delicates, exercise clothing, and more. Also ideal when you only have a few items to wash.
- MADE IN THE USA! Lavario was meticulously engineered for durability & performance, and is proudly made in the USA.
- Saves you on electricity bills as it doesn’t use any
- It’s lightweight and portable
- Easy to use
- Has a small capacity
- It’s noisy
Factors to consider when buying the best washing machine under $200
Ease of installation and use
You might want to check if the washer comes pre-installed or doesn’t need installation and you can set it up on your own, or if it’s complex that you’ll need the services of a plumber. Also, look for a washing machine that is understandable and easy to control.
Size is the first thing to check when shopping for a washer. Check that you have enough space in your house, then compared the amount of space with the washing machine you intend to buy making sure its fits because even a few millimeters can make a difference. If you lack space, then consider the small portable washers that can be mounted on the wall, or folded and put away when not in use, or they can be moved around the house easily and don’t need to be fixed at one place.
The capacity of a washing machine is important when you go shopping for a washer. Depending on your family size, you may need to buy a smaller or bigger capacity washer. It’s important to note that the load capacity might affect your electricity and water bill. For example, if you put fewer clothes in a huge washer, then water and alacrity will go to waste since they are not being utilized fully because the load capacity is not full. If you are a smaller household, consider getting a smaller load capacity washer, and to avoid doing several cycles in a large family, buy a larger capacity washing machine.
If you intend on purchasing a combined compact washer dryer, then you should be keen on this. The best one is the one made of steel as it has a higher spin speed and is durable and eases your mind about future replacement.
You should look at the number and types of wash cycles a washer offers and see if they meet your needs. Sometimes you may require a quick wash, or you have different fabric materials that can’t be mixed lest they get damaged or under washed. You also wouldn’t want to mix your baby’s clothes and the rest of the family’s since his/her clothes need special attention in terms of hygiene. Standard washers come with the hand wash, synthetic, cotton, delicate, etc wash cycle while the advanced ones offer you cycles like Quick Wash or Baby Wash.
The speed of a washer is measured in Revolutions per Minute. This applies to both washing and spinning. The higher the RPM, the cleaner, or dryer your cloth gets. However, the cloth fabric also dictates the amount of spin rpm to apply as you may end up damaging the fabric. For instance, clothes with touch materials like jeans can make use of RPMs of over 1000 while the cotton fabric is ok with a 400-600 RPM. You also wouldn’t want to spoilt your clothes’ fabric by using the wrong spin speed on them. Check your clothes label to ensure you use the correct spin speed and even the recommended water temperature and if they need to be washed separately.
Most of us, if not all of us would be glad to save on that electricity bill by conserving energy. When buying a washing machine, look for the energy-saving label usually denoted by stars ranging from 1 to 5 with 5 being the best. You can also use energy-saving tips like not using hot water to dave on energy and use cold water instead to wash your clothes, use the lowest water level and ensure you fill up your load capacity to maximize energy and water usage.
Protecting the environment and being kind to your neighbor when it comes to noise pollution is a noble cause. If you’re living in an apartment, you don’t want to nag your neighbors with a noisy washer. Look for a washing machine with a lower noise level. Also, look out for one with a good power rating as it uses less power. Power ratings vary from D to A+++ with A+++ being the best.
To ensure your clothes are maximally cleaned while preserving their fabric, a temperature control is good since it comes with three options namely cold, warm and hot. You can fully get rid of stains, odor and detergent residue from your day-to-day clothes using hot temperature and prevent shrinking of clothes by using the cold option. The warm option is ideal for heavy laundry like jeans and curtains. Avoid very hot water as your clothes might get damaged.
When you are a parent, a feature such as a child lock is a handy tool for your washing machine to have. Your child is in an exploratory phase and gets touchy and you would like to avoid any accidents or interruptions as far as the washer is concerned. Child lock means the machine won’t be interrupted and the door won’t be opened until the washing and drying is done.
My washer’s control knob for the drainage pipe isn’t working properly.
This may be because its metallic wire has been weathered by water. Always ensure to turn off the control knob after every use.
Will my clothes get damaged if I leave them in the washer overnight?
No, your clothes won’t get damaged. However, they might produce a damp smell which is unpleasant and you might be forced to wash them again to get rid of it.
A washing machine is so important in a home that a price tag shouldn’t be a hindrance. The washing machines we’ve reviewed above offer the best performance with a $200 budget or less.